Saturday, August 1, 2015

Postponing School

I was so excited to start school this semester. I had been playing phone tag with my school for months trying to figure out my schedule and transfer credits and what classes I should take. I finally got fed up, drove the hour to my school to meet with someone, and they were no help whatsoever. So I went online and figured it all out myself, planned my schedule perfectly around the hours I would be able to put Ripley in 1/2 day daycare, I click the "register now" and get an ERROR on everything. I call, and they now tell me, two weeks before school starts, that I need to go back in and take placement tests and get an override on my classes. I WAS JUST IN THERE AND NO ONE TOLD ME THAT! 
I have no one to watch Ripley so I can go in for a couple hours and take some tests. I won't have enough time to get all my classes rescheduled and get my books in. Plus, 3 of the 4 classes I had picked out had filled up in this time frame. I was so pissed. So long story short. I have to wait until next semester to start and hope the daycare I chose will still have openings for her or I am essentially screwed. 
I broke down and cried from frustration and disappointment at this point. I want so badly to be back in school. It would be so much easier if I didn't have Ripley to worry about. I love her but I need a break from parenting. I need to get out and be around people again. I need to further my education and do what I love and get back to work! I really hope things work out for me next semester. I can't anymore disappointment. I want to help contribute to our finances again. We have been having a little bit of financial issues and that worries me and makes me feel even more worthless because I can't contribute much financially. I have two etsy shops but they don't bring in as much as a real paycheck would. 
Hopefully this stress passes and things work out for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...