Friday, August 1, 2014

Hubby Graduated! (Life Update)


Jake finally graduated his 89 schooling on Wednesday! I drove up Tuesday, we spent the night in a hotel, went to his little ceremony on Wednesday, then we went home! TOGETHER!! Three months with him gone sucked. Even if he did come home a few weekends. I was basically a lazy waste of life when he was gone. Besides working, interning, and volunteering I would sit and watch A LOT of TV and play A LOT of videogames. As a graduation gift I surprised him with an Xbox ONE which he's been wanting for a long time. He was very excited. 

I love having him home. However, the day he came home he shared some not so good news. He was volunteered by his "boss" to go for more training in Yuma for 3 more months. Which means no trip back to MN in September to have our baby showers with family, he'll miss being best man in his beat friends's wedding, and he would miss the birth of his first child. I of course was bummed and began planning a way for me to move back home for a few months. There is no way I would stay here in CA alone and have this baby. Yesterday when he went back to work they told him they would put him on stand by for it since they already have two other marines going. He was volunteered for it simply because it would be great experience for him since he is fresh out of school. Luckily, they told him he wouldn't he gone in October because of the baby and he has to get stuff ready for us to PCS and we have to fine a house, etc. I was RELIEVED about that but I still really really want to go back home. I'm debating driving back myself. I would fly but we have 3 dogs and I can't leave them in a kennel (separation anxiety, and seizures) and it's going to take a lot for me to trust a "pet sitter." I am hoping that Jake being on "stand by" will end up in him just not going. I hate waiting for them to decide what they are doing. I am a planner and I hate that right now I have no plan. Hopefully everything works out. I know it's the military and crap like this happens all the time but I still don't like it. It's just bad timing is all. 

6 comments:

  1. So glad y'all are back together, but that sucks about being gone again around the baby!!! You're a strong girl though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to him! Hopefully, he won't have to go to that training.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats on getting your husband back & him finishing up his training! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your husband! Hope it all works itself out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't the military fun with how they arrange everything? Ryan just got orders for his deployment next year, and they're less than stellar - right after a PCS and a baby. I hope everything works out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! You're blog is fantastic! I love it and not to mention I too am a military spouse {hubs in the Air Force!}. Congratulations to your family!!! I will absolutely be tuning into your adventures. I have recently nominated you to par take in a Liebster Blog Award Chain on my blog. Check it out and see if it interests you. You may continue if you wish or not, totally up to you. Here’s the link! http://www.apearlandherpilot.com/2014/08/liebster-award-nominees.html <3 Mel

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...