Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Boy or Girl?

I thought it would be fun to go through some common prediction techniques to see how accurate they can be. Stole the idea from Munchkins and the Military. Hope that's ok Alex! But first let me point out from day one of finding out my gut told me GIRL. I can't explain the feeling I had or exactly why I had it but I just picture my husband being in a house of girls. It just fits him. Was I right? You have to wait until the end of the post to find out!

Onto the Myths/Prediction Techniques
Chinese Gender Predictor: This is the first one that I essentially "tried." I went to The Bump, made an account, and while browsing through everything I came across this neat predictor. It is a calender that uses your age at conception and the month of conception to determine the gender. My result: BOY.

Dad's Weight Gain: If the dad to be gains weight during your pregnancy the wives tale states you are having a girl. My husband has put on weight. We blame it on the fact that he away at school and eating chow hall food and drinking energy drinks for breakfast. However, this predicts that we are having a GIRL.

Cravings: Craving sweets is supposed to indicate that you're having a girl, while craving salty treats is indicative of a boy. I am all for the salty snacks-mostly pretzels and Dill Pickle Chips. BOY.

Headaches: Mom's who have frequent headaches are said to be carrying a boy. I have frequent headaches and migraines. Another point for BOY.

Morning Sickness: If you have no problems with morning sickness, it's said you are carrying a boy. I never had an instance of morning sickness. Prediction: BOY. 

According to these few wives tales and a few more I looked at odds were pointing at a boy. Almost across the whole board. So what am I really having? It turns out my gut feeling was correct. 
We are having a little GIRL!!
Her name will be Ripley Ann.
Brownie points if you can recognize our name inspiration. =]

 

5 comments:

  1. How fun! My "old wives' tales" indicators were all over the map - split about 50/50. And we had a girl :)

    I have no idea the name inspiration but it's super cute! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name!! The Chinese Gender predictor was right for both girls, but it was wrong this time around for me too. And I was really hoping mine would be a boy.. LOL Little girls are so much fun though! I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats! And I love the name!! Should of known with the weight gain on my husband and sweets cravings that we were having a girl. But I honestly thought we were having a boy until the ultrasound.. and now my sweet little girl is laying next to me. Best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on a baby girl!! So exciting! I too have no idea on the name inspiration (the only thing I can guess is Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum), but cute name!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry I just saw this...CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...