Monday, April 28, 2014

Why can't I feel my legs?

Tomorrow the Husband heads four hours away to Comm School for three months (sad face). I'll miss him terribly so but he's going to try to come back home on the weekends so it shouldn't be too horribly bad. Nothing like a deployment or anything (thank goodness). He recently switched his MOS and has been doing on the job training since then while waiting for school so it's good he will go be able to learn some new things! There is also a good chance that we will be getting orders to leave his current base after he gets back too. Which is very exciting! Not that I don't love San Diego because I do but I just want to travel and see new places. We are hoping for Maryland but you know we could end up anywhere. Or we could end up just going to the base about an hour away. You never know! 
While he is gone I am going to try my best to stay busy. We are very short staffed at work right now so I have been hand picked by my boss and her boss to get FULL TIME hours until we can get more people hired (her exact words for me getting more hours is "because you're awesome"). It's really great but it's been taking a toll on my body. I'm on my feet cleaning and walking around for 40 hours a week. I come home and my feet are so sore I instantly have to sit down. My lower back has been so bad that I've been taking a hour long bath every day which doesn't even help that much. I feel absolutely miserable some days but it's all worth it since I really do love my job and how rewarding it is. 
Aside from work I have also taken up the hobby of cross stitching. It's actually really fun and I found AWESOME patterns at Cloudsfactory! I have already bought one of the Lion King characters, all the Doctors from Doctor Who, Ghostbusters, and an alphabet of popular horror movie killers. Cross Stitching actually takes a lot of time to do so it helps me stay busy. 
I also have one more test to take for my Dog Training certification and I start my internship on May 10th at the local Pit Bull rescue! I am sooo excited! I also have to get going on my required 100 hours of volunteering I have to do teaching basic obedience to shelter dogs. 
I also made it a goal to sign up for prenatal yoga classes to stay in shape and go for more walks around the neighborhood.
If you stuck with me this long you are probably wondering what the title of this post means. Well I have to go into the Doctor tomorrow because for the last 3 days I have been having a numbing/tingling feeling through my whole body that's very uncomfortable and borderline painful. It's worse around my stomach and legs/feet. Every time I touch something it's like being pricked with needles...like when your foot is falling asleep and all the blood rushed back into it. I have NO idea what happened. I seriously just woke up like this on Saturday which makes me think I have a pinched nerve or something in my back. I sleep in really weird positions with my back twisted and I have been having such bad back pain from work so we shall see what the doctor says. I'm hoping it's nothing serious. I asked my lady Dr about it on the phone today and since I have no other symptoms (like things associated with gestational diabetes) she can't think of a reason for it so I was set up with an appointment tomorrow to make sure the baby is ok and she will probably refer me somewhere like a chiropractor (which is fine with me since I am in dire need of an adjustment and anything to get rid of this feeling I have!) Only problem is I work all day for the rest of the week so getting into a chiropractor will be next to impossible unless they have night hours. I'm going to try and stay positive though! 
Thanks for reading along! 
Until next time, 

7 comments:

  1. You are a very, very busy girl! The pit bull rescue sounds like it will be fun!
    I hope everything turns out okay at your doctors appt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not nearly as busy as you girl! I don't know how you do it.

      Delete
  2. Hope you feel better! Using a therapy ball or a foam roller can really help your feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea. I'm going to look into that!

      Delete
  3. At least you have a bunch of things to keep you busy! My husband is leaving next week for two weeks, then a week home, then away again for two months (all for the army too!). Here to talk if you need to! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah we are basically going through the same thing! Can't wait for them to be home!

      Delete
  4. I hope you are okay!! It is crazy how tired your body is during that first part of pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...