Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Where are all the REAL Blog Posts?

I love reading bloggers who write about their lives. It seems like all I am seeing on my Bloglovin' feed lately are crafts, sponsored posts, recipes, how-to posts related to blogging, and book reviews. Now I do love these posts from time to time but where's the real life stuff? I like reading things that allow me to relate to people. I love reading about bloggers' happy times, adventures, hard times, struggles, etc. It makes them human and it allows me to get to know them a little better. I wish more of the bloggers I follow would go back to these posts. I know I occasionally post about crafts and products too but I also try and add some of the adventures my husband and I have or how work is going and add cute pictures of my dogs. 
Has anyone else noticed the lack of real life posts or is it just me? If you are looking for more blogs who post this way here are my favorites!
I'm thinking about unfollowing some of the blogs that rarely ever post about their lives. I hate to do it but I've just lost interest in them and while they do have a lot of good ideas and tips that's just not what I am looking for at the moment. 

13 comments:

  1. That's how I feel! I never read the sponsored posts, reviews, etc. etc. etc. I like reading about what people are doing in their day to day lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I like posting recipes and book reviews, but I don't read or cook enough to only post that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heart you!!!! (: I feel the same. Usually I skip over those too. Especially the book reviews and blog how-tos. I need to do some major reworking of my "favorites" list on Bloglovin, because lately, it seems like it's been overrun with the same types of posts. I rarely like guest posts either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed! That's exactly why I've been blogging less myself. I'm tired of reading a million sponsor posts, a thousand of the same ol' same link-ups, and a hundred reviews of products nobody can actually afford. You tell 'em girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I've been struggling lately with what types of posts to do (personal vs. informative/products/recipes/how to, etc) on my blog and this helped a lot. I love being able to connect with other bloggers and being able to check in and see how they're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here, here. Seriously. I want to read about your life on your blog... not five thousand reviews of things unrelated to you. SO glad you share the same perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen to this. I've struggled with my blog lately, but I finally decided...eff it. I'm going as personal as possible. It's MY blog and MY outlet. I started my blog to understand the military life better, and that's what I'm going for :)

    PS...Is the Mr. and Mrs. Foster blog private now? I used to read it all the time, but I can't access it anymore :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree - I love blogs where people talk about their life. I'm excited to have found your blog and love the title! Having grown up with a dad in the Air Force and now dating a guy in the Coast Guard, I have heard the phrase "Hurry Up and Wait" more than once. Looking forward to reading more!!

    Pam @ Hodge Podge Moments

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen! Thanks for sharing other blogs too. My blog isn't really a place where I share too much about myself, but as a person who enjoys reading other blogs I really agree with what you've said!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you!! So sweet :) I completely agree and know exactly what you mean! I've unfollowed blogs that seem to only post about products, host giveaways, and have sponsored posts. It's hard to connect with bloggers that rarely even write or post about themselves. Love your blog and thank you for following along :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally agree with you... it's hard to find those kinds of blog anymore. Thanks for sharing links to other blogs. I'll be sure to check them out.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...