Thursday, March 20, 2014

I Love Horror Movies (Lights Out)

I grew up watching scary movies. Ever since I was a kid. Dawn of the Dead, Amityville Horror, Halloween, Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre etc. I know some people would call that bad parenting and would predict I would grow up into a messed up serial murderer as a result of it but I have to say I turned out as normal as they come. What is normal anyway? 
My mom loves all those classic horror films and naturally I do too. They never scare me, creep me out, or give me nightmares. The only time I really "get scared" is when they do the inevitable quiet scene broken up by a seriously loud bang and something like a black cat popping out. So typical. 
I love bringing the husband out to see all the new horror or supernatural movies that come out. Yes, I am also a sucker for the ones about ghosts! It is hilarious to see him get nervous and scared when watching these! I am just so intrigued by them.
My love for these types of movies were also the main reason why I got my Bachelors's in Psychology. I ultimately wanted to be a criminal psychologist and work with the craziest of the crazy. I wanted to get in their head, hear their stories, and understand what would posses someone to murder. In my free time I read up on a few books including Serial Killers: The Method and Madness of Monsters, Cannibal Serial Killers: Profiles of Depraved Flesh Eating Murderers, and Female Serial Killers: How and Why Women become Monsters. They actually all sit behind me on my bookshelf and I am tempted to read them again. In 7th grade we had to do a report about a person from history. I did mine on Ed Gein; the inspiration for popular horror film characters, including Norman Bates (Psycho), Jame Gumb (The Silence of the Lambs) and Leatherface (Texas Chainsaw Massacre). 
Anyway...back to the point of this post. I stumbled upon this awesome Film Competition that was put on called the "Who's There Film Challenge" which is nothing but a bunch of very short creepy films. I thought I should share my favorite one and the website just in case you wanted to check out the others. They are all VERY good!
This one is called Lights Out. You must watch!!


2 comments:

  1. I am DEATHLY afraid of scary movies! I couldn't even get through the 6th Sense. I'm sure if I tried to watch it now, it wouldn't be so bad though. I just can't do scary...it's too...scary.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do scary movies. Even the old ones with the cheesy graphics and blood. lol. I'm also the person who is still afraid of the dark....I turn 30 next tuesday....true story.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...