Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Thrift Store Finds

Ever since I started watching Grav3yardgirl on Youtube and seeing her awesome Thrift Store finds I have been wanting to go out and find some hidden treasures of my own. Yesterday Jake and I set out to see what we could find. We ended up going to three different places and overall I was really let down by the size of the thrift stores in my area and the overall selection. The reason is probably because I know San Diego has a lot of poverty and a lot of families rely on these places for basic things like clothing. I completely understand in that regard but I was out searching for antique looking picture frames, V.C Andrews books, and I also browsed through the clothing for anything vintage looking. I ended up getting two great things at the local Goodwill after being disappointed with The Salvation Army and some other small religious thrift shop. 
First, I stumbled across this awesome picture frame which was exactly what I was looking for! It was only $4 so I couldn't pass it up. My plan is to take out the ugly flower picture, paint the frame grey, put a black mat around this awesome creepy girl picture that my Hubby bought me, and putting that inside! It's going to be epic. 
Next, I found this sweet vintage looking vest that I absolutely love! I need to figure out how to incorporate it into an outfit but I will definitely be using it as a layering piece. Isn't it pretty!? I probably would have walked out with a lot more clothes if I were to find some in my size. All the cute ones were either too small or way too big. 
I hope my future thrift adventures turn better findings but I am content with what I got on my first trip. I need to find more frames like this one. It's just plain perfect. 
Have you ever found an awesome item while thrifting?

5 comments:

  1. I have! I always forget to go periodically and look though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little girl is creepy as hell!! I really want to venture out to the thirft stores here and see if I can find anything good. Especially since people have to leave a bunch behind when they PCS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love thrift shopping! Goodwill is my fave. I wrote a post last year about my tips and tricks about finding the best stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love thrift shopping but it's torture for my husband! I know of a great little place on Morena, we should go together sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE thrifting, but I usually end up leaving empty-handed because I get so overwhelmed haha

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...