Thursday, January 9, 2014

Our 14 Goals for 2014

I've never been one to set goals or resolutions at the start of the year because honestly I doubt that I would ever stick to them. This year I decided to try and achieve a set of goals that hopefully result in a positive change in my life. The hubster joined in and made some of his own too! Hopefully we will be able to hold each other accountable and meet these goals! FYI this was a lot harder than I thought it would be so we are missing some goals but are working on finishing our lists!
My 14 Goals
  1. Read one book a month. I have really fallen off the bandwagon of reading which makes me sad since it is something I absolutely love doing! So I made a list of twelve books I hope to read this year. I am currently reading Dean Koontz' new novel Innocence and I'm loving it. 
  2. Date Night once a month. With me working every weekend Jake and I rarely ever get a day or night to go on a date. I wish we got to spend more time together. So this year I would like to go on a date at least once a month. To help us out I wrote date ideas on Popsicle sticks and we will randomly draw one and make that our monthly date!
  3. Lose 15lbs (or more). I am for the most part content with the weight I am at now. Since moving out to CA I have lost 15lbs but I would like to lose a bit more just to feel better about myself and gain some confidence . 
  4. Be able to run 5 miles without stopping or dying. I am not a runner. I will never claim to be a runner. I would however like to improve how long I can run and in the process work on my weight loss goal. 
  5. Graduate my pet training schooling (on time and with honors). This one should be a piece of cake. I've always been great at school but I know life can throw you curve balls and I could easily get behind in my curriculum. I hope to keep up with all my school work, not procrastinate, and go above and beyond to graduate with honors. 
  6. Teach Aida and Penny a new trick. I would love to teach my dogs each a new trick...or two or three. Both my dogs are really smart so I believe this will be easy and fun to do!
  7. Pay off my Credit Card by June. To achieve this I will basically have to cut out all "fun money" for the next six months. I think it will be worth it in the long run to have one less debt on my record. My student loans are enough for the time being. 
  8. Own a motorcycle. This has been my long time dream every since I was a little girl. Hopefully this will be the year it comes true!
  9. Get boudoir pictures done. If my weight loss goal is reached I would love to take some sexy yet classy photos for the Hubster. 
  10. Volunteer with Jake. I've always loved volunteering and giving back to the community. This time I hope to do it with Jake! It's more fun when you do it with someone you adore. 
  11. Get into Couponing. I have been doing MEGA research on couponing this past week and plan on making my first trip tomorrow to see how I do. I'm going to start small and hopefully work my way up to having a stockpile of basic necessities in the house. 
  12. Blog 3 times a week. I really want to keep up with the blog. I have been slacking lately but I hope to change that. 
  13. Make a new friend. I have been here 7 months and I have no friends. I really need a friend!
  14. Think Positive. I'm a pessimist about everything. I would love to try and think about the good and not all the bad.
Jake's 14 Goals
  1. Lose 20lbs (or more). Jake also wishes to tone up and be a healthier version of himself (Even though I already love him the way he looks).
  2. Pay off debts. His motorcycle loan and credit card being the major ones. 
  3. Start College. Knowledge is power! 
  4. Run 3 miles under 20 min. We will be working on our running goals together. =]
  5. Eat Healthier. More fruits, veggies, less junk food. 
  6. No more Coke! Coke as in pop...or soda. He drinks this stuff like it's water. 
  7. Make something. Build it, craft it, assemble it...whatever it may be!
  8. Take a cooking class with the wife. Sounds like fun right?
  9. Communicate more with wife. I like this one. 
  10. Coming soon
  11. Coming soon
  12. Coming soon
  13. Coming soon
  14. Coming soon


5 comments:

  1. Good luck with everything!! You have a lot on your list that I'd also like to do. Date nights would be nice.. LOL I've always wanted to do boudoir photos too. You may have just inspired my anniversary gift for this year.. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those goals! I think its hilarious that Jake's list is under construction - my husband's would be too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't wait to do things for yourself until you loose weight! You are BEAUTIFUL celebrate it.
    Ask your photographer is he or she can splint your session into two parts or if they are willing to work on pricing with you. Some will, some wont. Don't be upset if they wont.
    If you need to know a few photographers in the area I can put my feelers out and find you a few great ones to choose from.
    A session just for yourself is an amazing investment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't read hardly any anymore. When I was little and in middle school, I would read constantly. One of my goals for 2014 is to read one book a month too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your goals. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...