Thursday, January 16, 2014

New Years Goal: Getting Healthy

My Husband and I share the mutual goal of wanting to be healthier this year. To achieve this we wish to limit and eventually cut out the consumption of pop/soda/whatever you call it where you are from, run, eat fresh home cooked meals more and less fast food, and try out some yoga.  I know this is a goal a lot of people make and usually don't ever stick to. However, I am hoping that working on this goal together will be more beneficial because we can hold one another accountable. 
In honor of this goal and the fact that the MCX on base was having a great sale on workout gear we took a trip there and got some clothing. My Husband's philosophy is if we get some neat workout gear it will also encourage us to wear it and use it more. So I got my first pair of workout capris. Let me tell you I am in LOVE with these. They are the most comfortable things I have ever worn. Not to mention I think I look real good in them which raises my self esteem which is a win win for everyone. I can't wait to go running in them tonight when Jake gets home. Jake also got a new workout shirt, one that's breathable and of good quality. Then we each got Under Armour sweatshirts. I have always wanted one but could not justify spending  $50-$60 on one. So I found an AWESOME one on clearance for a mere $32. I could not pass that up. I have always loved reading up on Kym's Blog: Red, White, & Marine Wife because she always has good running tips, stories, and shows off her awesome workout clothing and gadgets. I have always been a little jealous of her clothing collection because they are always so fun and bright which fits my style perfectly. I hope to have mine grow like hers! 
Today a friend of mine recommended a DVD to help me with getting into yoga. It is Yoga Meltdown by Jillian Michaels. I have done many Jillian DVDs and I have always loved them so of course this was enough to convince me to buy download (shh) the Yoga Meltdown DVD and give it a try. I just got done doing it a few minutes ago and I feel FANTASTIC! I've done a little bit of yoga before at the gym but I had forgotten how amazing I feel afterward. I'm hoping to alternate this DVD with my Pilates one and work my way up to more advanced levels and moves. I am so ready and motivated to make a positive change in my life! 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the UA sweatshirt!! I haven't found anything like it, and I really love how bright it is!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...