Sunday, January 5, 2014

Found My Passion

Some of you may already know that I graduated earlier this year with a Bachelor's in Psychology. My ultimate dream was to get my Masters in Criminology and work with murders in prison. While I still wish I could do that for I know it would be the most interesting job in the world, it's not what my future has in store for me anymore. In the beginning I loved everything to do with Psychology. It interested me, it has the potential for a great salary, I was good at it...but over the years I lost the passion. My whole life my passion has always been with animals. I worked in a vet clinic in high school and part of college and I loved every second of it. I love helping people and animals. My dogs are my world and my best friends and I can't picture living life without a pet. I don't even like people. People take advantage of you, stab you in the back, lie to you, and break your trust. Animals love you unconditionally and are loyal no matter what. I started working at an animal shelter four months ago while reignited my passion to help animals of all kinds, but mostly dogs. I have the opportunity to work with successful dog trainers at my work and that sparked me to look into dog training. 
I don't know why I didn't think of this before. It combines my love for psychology and my love for animals all in one! So a few weeks ago I officially enrolled in the Animal Behavior College. Military Spouses get free tuition so it was a perfect match. It's also great because the first half of the program is all online and the second part is an internship with a successful trainer in your area. They have trainers in every state which makes it great if we have to move within the next year. It won't effect my program at all. I am about a week into the curriculum and I have already learned so much. I could read my textbook for hours because it is so interesting to me. I feel like I have finally found my calling. I believe this is a career I will really love. My husband has been so supportive with everything and he is proud of me which makes me feel even better about my decision. I am so excited to complete this program and enter the world of dog training. My ultimate goal would be to own my own business one day. Once the hubs retires and we can settle down somewhere for good and start a stable life. Having Jake in the military would make owning a training business hard but in the meantime I can work for training companies and learn as much as I can! I am so excited to see where this career choice takes me! 

12 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I always say you should be doing what you love and if your job feels like a job, it's not what you're passionate about! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful Miranda!!! You should definitely be doing something you love and are passionate about--so exciting for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Congrats on finding something that you love! Military families will always need dog trainers, so it's a great portable career choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I love it because it is something I can do pretty much anywhere.

      Delete
  4. My husband works with dogs and let me tell you I am JEALOUS! It is the most amazing work! You will be rewarded so much through your work. Congrats girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am very excited to see where this path leads me!

      Delete
  5. So happy you found something that makes you happy! Working with animals everyday sounds like a blast. If you ever have any dog-training tips, I'd love to hear them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I absolutely love working with and helping animals and it a blast! I'm sure as I learn awesome tips and tricks I will post about them here!

      Delete
  6. So exciting! Working with animals will be such a fulfilling role! So happy you are going to do what you are passionate about!

    XOXO
    Chelsea
    http://www.anchorsaweighblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...