Thursday, December 5, 2013

Swap Meet

I had never been to a Swap Meet on a Wednesday night before, but apparently San Diego does things differently! There was a swap meet that goes down just a few minutes from our house every week and last night we decided to go check it out and see if we could find anything that would work as Christmas gifts for our families. 
We didn't end up finding anything for them, but I did find some things I would like. Don't worry I held back and didn't buy anything. I need to save my money to finish getting gifts for the people in my life. Despite not finding anything to buy we did have a good time walking around looking at things. They even had a live band and some great food trucks to chose from! Husband ended up getting some Carne Asada Fries and I got regular fries. They were delicious. 
Since I have been working every weekend my Husband and I haven't had any time to do anything aside from watching tv together so this little mini date was something I really needed. You know when they say the military gets in the way of your spending time together? Well ever since getting my job it's been MY job that gets in the way of us being together, not his. Just funny how that worked out. I'm hoping the organization I work for will hire new staff soon so I won't be stuck on every weekend which has been going on for the past couple months. People keep quitting and I don't understand why. Sure the pay is crappy but the work isn't that bad. Just makes things shitty for those of us who stick around. 
I got a little off track there. Anywho, we had a lot of fun spending some time together, looking at unique goods, eating yummy food, and listening to a decent band. 

6 comments:

  1. Those fries look awesome. I love food trucks. You can find the best things there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fries and Coke. Always a great combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like such a fun date! I hope your job eases up on you a bit so you can have more evenings like this one!

    XOXO
    Chelsea
    http://www.anchorsaweighblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those fries look SUPER tasty! I've always said that the best food comes from food trucks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The food does look yummy! We have a swap meet here, but its really just a bunch of Hawaiian trinkets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I would have checked out the swap meets in socal when we were there!! 10 years down there, and never went to one! ahh! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...