Tuesday, December 3, 2013

My Husband the Sickly Creature

This morning I accompanied the Hubs to the Allergy Clinic to get a scratch test done to see if we can pinpoint exactly what he has reactions to. He has really bad allergies and gets sick quite often. When that happens I get texts like this.
Yes, the poor thing ripped a decent sized hole in his cargo shorts. Yes, I laughed at his expense. That's just how our relationship is! So we got some interesting answers at the clinic today! 
Hey everyone! I'm about to be pricked with needles containing chemicals from various trees, grasses, weeds, molds,  mites, and animals! Can you sense my excitement?
This is what it looked like right after he was pricked. You can already see reactions starting. 
This is what it looked like at the end. Turns out he is VERY reactive to dust mites, cats, and two types of ragweed. He had mild reactions to many of the other things too. It's good to have some answers as to what is causing him to get so sick. He has been on some medication that seems to be working really well for him, and he was given a new one (a nasal spray) today. I hope it keeps him comfortable because when he gets sick, he gets really sick, and who wants to see their loved one sick and miserable? Although I do enjoy teasing him a little bit about it...but I guess I can live without that ;). 
I'm happy he is allergic to cats. I hate cats and he loves cats and wants cats but now I have a great excuse to not ever get a cat! I was also glad to see that he isn't allergic to dogs. So when we got home I told the girls we could keep them now that daddy isn't getting sick from them! Pfft like I would ever get rid of my dogs anyway. No. Husband would have to suck it up and live with if that were the case. I also plan on dusting the whole house today since he is so reactive to dust mites. Hopefully that will help too. His doctor also recommended we get a plastic covering for the bed. I guess that helps keep dust mites away? So overall, it seems like Hubby will be feeling better in no time with his new meds and me dusting and vacuuming the house more! Yay! I love being in good health and not having any allergies or health issues whatsoever! I do think it would be fun and interesting to take a scratch test though. Just to see it! 
Do any of you have allergies? How do you cope with them?

7 comments:

  1. Poor guy! No, I don't have allergies and my kids don't either. I really think my husband has some but he refused to get checked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Typical man thing to do! Glad you and the kiddos are allergy free!

      Delete
  2. I'm not allergic to anything either & hubs does have a few allergies. I like to poke fun at him that he's weak. I'm kind of interested in the skin test for myself though, just to be sure that I'm really not allergic to anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love poking fun at Jake for being "weak" too. It would be cool to just do the test and see what happens. Maybe we are allergic to things and just don't know it!?

      Delete
  3. I feel bad about laughing about the torn shorts, but they were cargo shorts so I don't feel that bad. Hope he can treat the allergies better now that he knows what's affecting him. I'm also crazy allergic to grass and ragweed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad he was able to find out what is causing him to be miserable! My husband is currently going through something similar that the doctors deemed for weeks to be Bronchitis - now I'm thinking it's really, really bad allergies! Maybe I should get him to go do a scratch test - hmm.... interesting for sure! Thanks for sharing! :) Hope your husband feels better SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kind of feel bad for laughing so hard at that text.. but it is pretty funny ha ha! I'm allergic to pollen, so I totally feel his pain about not feeling well. It sucks! Hopefully they are able to get him on good allergy meds that will help.
    I love your blog, definitely a new follower ♥

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...