Tuesday, November 26, 2013

How I got $17.69 in products for $9.31. Coupon WIN!

I'm normally not much of a couponer. I watch the show extreme couponers and I seriously think those women are nuts. Not only do I not have 40+ hours a week to spend on searching for deals, but I also don't believe in hoarding food and toilet paper. If I were to ever do that I would donate basically everything I coupon for. However, I stumbled upon some really great deals through the RedPlum ad we get in the mail and a couple coupons I found online while bored. 
Here's what I ended up getting. All for only $9.31! Regular retail price of $17.69
My store of choice was Walmart. I know I recently wrote a post of Why I Hate Shopping at Walmart, but it really had the best deals for the coupons I had. I'm pleased to say I had no issues during my trip there this time. So let's break down these deals. 
Old Spice Deodorant
Regular Price: $3.97
Coupon for $.50 off which you can find HERE
Total Price: $3.47

Suave Professionals Shampoo and Conditioner
Regular Price: $2.88 each=$5.76
Coupon buy one Shampoo get Conditioner free (Found in RedPlum ad)
Total Price: $2.88 for both

TRESemme' Shampoo
Regular Price: $3.98 each=$7.96
Coupon for $5 off any two TRESemme' products (Found in RedPlum ad)
Total Price: $2.96 for both
Upon further inspection after my shopping trip I found THIS DEAL where you can get both these items for FREE! Oh well, I'm still happy with the $2.96!

So that my friends is how I saved money on some basic necessities for the Husband and I. I think I can handle small coupon hauls like this. It is pretty exciting to crunch the numbers and see how much you saved! 

3 comments:

  1. I really like this new design!
    Thanks for the break down! I really really need/want to start couponing. I know how, it's just going out and finding the coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is NOTHING like a good deal! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome. I didn't care of coupons before either, but since we're on one salary now I make an effort to try and get deals when I can :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...