Thursday, November 14, 2013

Food Poisoning

This past week has been complete hell. Wednesday night I got really sick suddenly. Vomiting, diarrhea, aches, no appetite...at first I just thought I was getting the flu but I had no fever. Thursday I was scheduled to work a 8 hour shift but I called it because I was running to the bathroom every 30 minutes, the vomiting had stopped but not the other end. This was the first time I have EVER called in sick to work in my 7 years of working since I was 15. I usually just suck it up and go, I've even gone to work extremely hung over a couple times but this sickness that I recently had was too much. I was dehydrated and miserable and lived five days on toast, rice, and Jello. In six days I had lost 15 pounds. On top of that I got my monthly visitor at the same time. Another downside was that we were out camping with friends this past weekend and the whole time I was miserable. I was happy they had plumbing where we stayed though that's for sure. I would have gone to the doctor but I'm stubborn and try to avoid the doctor at all costs. I figured my sickness would go away in a couple days, then we went camping and were on top of a mountain away from civilization and doctors, Monday I had to work all day and Tuesday I was finally starting to eat and feel better so I felt it was no longer necessary to go. I have tricare standard and it's extremely hard to find a PCM in this godforsaken city. I'm thinking of switching to Prime to make things easier but I also hear the doctors on base are a bit sketchy...all I know is that I am glad I am feeling better and able to eat full meals now and not have to chug bottle after bottle of water. I don't know for sure that it was food poisoning but the symptoms I saw online added up and my husband also got sick with the poops about 12 hours after I did but his wasn't as bad and didn't last as long. I really am thankful for all my husband did for me while I was sick. He was so worried! He would come check on me in the bathroom if I was in there too long, he went and got me ginger ale and saltines from the store, he fetched things for me when I was layed up on the couch, he cuddled me to help me feel better, took care of the dogs, picked up the house, and made sure I drank lots of water. He showed that he cared and that meant a lot to me. Hopefully I can now get back to blogging! I do have to share the pictures and stories from our camping trip!

3 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeeling MUCH better, that sounds SO miserable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominated you for a Liebster Award! http://www.allthingsairforcewife.com/2013/11/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...