Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Camping Palomar Mountain State Park

Over the weekend before Veterans Day the Jake, me, and four other friends all went on a little camping trip. It was so much fun sitting out by the fire, eating MREs, talking, and hiking. I was very sick with food poisoning at the time but I tried not to let it ruin all my fun. Jake and I didn't prepare well for the night time though. We didn't have any sleeping bags...We rented a tent and two camping chairs from Outdoor Adventures on base (love that they have that by the way!) We could have rented sleeping bags too but we thought we would be ok with just our two comforters. WRONG! We froze our butts off both nights. It gets so cold at night this time of year, worse in the Mountains! You wouldn't think that CA had that but it sure does! I also had to get up many times a night to use the bathroom, which meant leaving what little warmth we had. We barely slept, I barely ate anything the whole time, and I got a little light headed while hiking because I was dehydrated. Despite those drawbacks I had a lot of fun! Being out in the woods reminded me so much of home and I felt like I belonged there. I don't feel like I belong in the city part of CA. The views were beautiful, the daytime weather was beautiful and spending time with friends was wonderful. Here are some pictures I snapped!

6 comments:

  1. These pictures are SO lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did the best I could with the camera on my iphone!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful park! And MREs? No smores?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We lived off MREs the whole weekend. I was actually surprised with how good they were! We had smores too! I just neglected to photograph that part! You can't camp without smores. =]

      Delete
  3. Isn't camping awesome? I love all your photos. That's real camping. Beautiful scenery too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Camping is amazing! I hope we get to do it a lot more...when it's warmer out! =] Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...