Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Why I Hate Shopping At Walmart

The military housing we live in is really great! We have nice houses, perfectly landscaped yards, everything is clean and wonderful. There is a Walmart literally two minutes down the road from our awesome housing and I swear it belongs in a ghetto.
I would like to start out and say not everything about Walmart is bad. I've been in some really fancy ones back in MN that I just loved. It allows families from the lower class, and broke college kids to afford basic necessities and that is important. But with that comes a lot of negative including what I have experienced there recently in addition to all the political and economical controversy that is tied into the company. 
 I went in there yesterday to get a controller for the PS3 we got two days ago. I don't shop at Walmart very often at all and the last time I was in there was about 3 weeks ago. About two months ago they started moving everything around in there...they still aren't done! It's dirty. crowded, not organized at all...it's basically a crazy mess. I went immediately to the back of the store to the electronics section, took me 15 minutes to find someone to get the controller out of the locked case for me. That was all I needed on this trip so I had to pay for it in the electronics section. They were pretty busy at the time so I didn't really mind waiting since I didn't have anything better to do anyway. I was waiting behind a lady and I noticed she was holding a bunch of random stuff like a fish tank filter, dog food, chips, a scrubby brush for the shower, and a t-shirt. There was not a single thing that she had that was from the electronics section. That got me a little peeved off because there was a long line of us behind her who were buying from the electronics department and had to purchase our stuff here when she could easily go up to the front registers (this was mid day, the front registers were not busy at all). So I stood there keeping my cool and then I noticed that this woman was tripping balls. She was all over the place, rocking back and forth on her feet, dropping her stuff since she didn't have a basket. She even looked at her scrubby brush, threw it in an abandoned cart like she didn't want it...then a few minutes later picked it up again and scratched her leg with it, then threw it back in the cart. I was in utter awe of this woman and what she was doing and I just wish I knew what was going through her mind.
 Besides the questionable people Walmart tends to attract periodically, they also have rude solicitors outside 24/7. Most often it's people trying to get money for the homeless. That's fine and dandy I always support charity, but when I politely decline because I DO NOT CARRY CASH, I'm not doing it to be an insensitive bitch. I'm doing it because I can't throw a debit card in a bucket as a donation. I never carry cash anymore and I don't appreciate people breathing down my neck and being rude while trying to get donations. It bothers me. Sometimes I just want to walk into a store and not be begged for money. 
Have any of you had weird/annoying experiences at Walmart? Or any other store?
With all that said I leave you with this video of a woman tripping off meth in Walmart. Enjoy. 


Bloody Marys Count as a Salad

6 comments:

  1. hahah!!!!!!! I hate Walmart too!!!! That video is absolutely so hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aside from the pretty decent prices, I can't stand Walmart. The solicitors are what piss me off the most. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. I don't carry cash either, so I always feel like a jerk..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wal-Mart is the pits. Having said that, I haven't been there in months, and I went the other day and it was the BEST.THING.EVER!! I think that I'm ok if I only go four times a year....then it's exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "tripping balls" made me die laughing. I'm a Target diehard for life :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you, girl! I avoid Wal-Mart like the plague! They always have the slowest cashiers. It doesn't matter which state I've been in. I was in the one here last month to pick up some photos that I had printed there, and there was no one at the photo area. And none of the other associates could find a photo person. One of my large prints hadn't had a barcode made for it yet, so they had to give it to me for free. That's what they get for incompetence!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I shake my head at least once every time I am in Walmart! Where I am from, they are {almost} as nice as a department store, but I have come across the ghetto ones too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...