Friday, August 16, 2013

Vroom Vroom

Ever since I was a young girl I have always wanted a motorcycle, specifically a dirt bike. In 2001 I saw the movie Motocrossed on the Disney channel. Where a teenage girl poses as her brother and competes in Motocross competitions and ends up kicking all the boys' asses. Since then I have been dying to get on a bike. 12 years later and I still have yet to drive or even ride on a motor bike of any kind. About a month ago the Husband bought a motorcycle, and earlier this week he officially got his license. He's been driving it to and from work and going for short rides. Each day I look out the window and watch him leave and see my own dream of riding one go with him. I'm happy for him because it's something he's wanted for himself too. I just hope that someday I will be able to live out my dream of owning one and driving one to and from work. Right now we can't afford a bike for me. It's not really important anyway because we both have cars and I have means of transportation. Doesn't stop me from dreaming and pinning pictures of bikes I would like to own on my pinterest board though! Once the Husband gets more familiar with riding I will be able to ride on his bike with him but it's not the same. Anyway. So here is the Hubster going for his first ride on his bike. Looking damn good in that jacket if I do say so myself. I'm more of a sporty bike fan though...not a cruiser. They are too old looking for my taste! I would love dual sport bike to feed my motocross obsession with the looks but it's more practical to get to and from work and other places since it can safely be driven on the road. Gah!! Someday hopefully!

6 comments:

  1. I loved the movie Motorcrossed! You should start the process to get your license now! Good luck girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby and I own a crotch rocket, and he taught me how to ride it! I LOVE it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that movie!! Disney had the best movies back in the day! I've ridden on a motorcycle once and it was AWESOME! Hope you can get yourself one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, motorcycles pay for themselves in as. I have my motorcycle endorsement, and it's awesome. You should at least take a basic Rider Course to get you started!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband has always said the best thing he ever pushed himself to do was go get his motorcycle license. He stalled forever, but once he finally set out to get the license, everything else just fell into place :)!

    And Disney movies were fantastic back in the day. Anyone remember Susie Q or Model Behavior!? Love it!

    You'll get your bike soon :)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hubby got a harley back in december and he loves it. of course he bought it without knowing how to ride it, so it definately took me some time before i got the courage to finally go on rides with and i love it too. so much fun. however, in the summer time here i prefer not to get on the bike...it is way too hot.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...