Monday, July 15, 2013

Back to MN

Tomorrow I will be on a plane back to MN. Not to visit family and have a lot of fun. I'll be there for two and a half days visiting my dad who was rushed to the ER this weekend for an emergency Appendectomy. His appendix burst and an infected started in. He was very ill with a high temp and he was just plain miserable. So he had it removed and while they were in there they also found out that he has two hernias. But those are to be repaired later. So for about five days he has been and will be sitting in the hospital looking all sad and sickly. I joked around with him saying he just missed me so much so he went and got sick so I would come home. I'm happy to be going back to MN because I miss everyone a lot, but I am at home here and I'm starting to like it here more and more. I'm finally getting passed the feeling of wanting to go back. The husband was nice enough to spend a good chunk of money on my plane ticket so I could see my dad and I think it will be good for both of us to get me out of the house for a few days. 
So swollen it looks like two, the white matter is the puss. 
On a much happier note, on Saturday the husband and I went to the Botanical Gardens and saw some awesome plant life and animals. We also got our own Venus Fly Traps and Octopus Plants which we have been feeding ants and flies! They are pretty awesome. 
Yesterday we went into a shoe store called "Road Runner" and the husband got himself professionally fit for some new running shoes. It was really cool to see the process of that and apparently my husband runs really weird with his duck feet which is really bad for his ankles and apparently contributes to his back pain as well. So he got custom insoles made and got some new Nikes which are super colorful and pretty!

5 comments:

  1. I have those same Nikes and I LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that your father is sick! That one of my biggest fears about living internationally - that I won't be able to get back home in a hurry for a family emergency! So glad you're able to make a visit, I'm sure it'll bring his spirits up to see you :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your dad is better ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for your dad! I'm so glad you have the opportunity to go and be with him. The garden sounds like a great trip. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...