Tuesday, June 4, 2013

DIY Lego Keyholder


While browsing Pinterest I came across This Lego Keyholder Image and thought "Hey that would be an easy DIY craft to do." My husband has a tiny obsession with Legos. Tiny as in he owns roughly $4000 worth of Lego products, has a huge trunk filled with them in addition to the numerous kits he has already assembled and has on display in the house. Needless to say, he has passed his obsession on to me and since being with him I have purchased numerous Lego kits of my own. My favorite being the Dino sets and the Monster Fighter sets. So today I felt as good as any to try to make us a keyholder for the house. 

Step One: Raid husband's trunk and bring out the Legos we purchased at the Lego Store Together. 


Step Two: Pour everything out and make a mess to get a better look at things!

Step Three: Realize that the only Legos you have that will work are boring colors...Greens and Greys. 
Step Four: Notice that the word KEYS does not center perfectly on the background Legos you have. Now on the right hand side you have two extra rows instead of the one extra row like you have on the left. OCD going crazy right about now!
Step Four: Assemble Legos anyway and form the word KEYS. Then try to add a border to make it look more uniform...Not sure that really helped anything but it added color at least.  

Step Five: Attach Lego to keyring and place keys on the holder. Hang on wall.  

Step Six: Make note that the next time you go to the Lego store to get more colorful blocks in all the right shapes so it won't look so funky. However, my masterpiece will have to do for now! For the most part it looks pretty cool! 


2 comments:

  1. How cute! I hate legos because I have a 3 year old. There are so many teeny tiny pieces all over my house!!! lol. Pinterest always has adorable ideas like this though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miranda! I think your site is so cute! I'd like you to know that I nominated you for a Liebster Award! To find out more, please check out my latest post here: http://www.mysubconsciousramblings.com/2013/06/yay-i-was-nominated-for-liebster-award.html Take care!

    Loren

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...