Monday, June 3, 2013

Chicken Strip Tease


One of the wedding presents I got from my mom was Fifty Shades of Chicken, a cookbook based on the Fifty Shades of Grey series that she knew I had a slight obsession with. Tonight I decided to give one of the recipes a try. The one the Hubbs and I wanted to try was Chicken Strip Tease, AKA Chicken Breast Strips with Balsamic and Rosemary. It was actually super delicious and so easy to make!! You could put any side with it really but I chose to serve it with mashed potatoes. I was also thinking it would be good on a bed of rice! So here is the recipe!

Ingredients
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 garlic cloves finely chopped (I used a little garlic salt instead. Not a big garlic fan here)
1T balsamic vinegar
1T rosemary (chopped fresh is best but I used dried)
3/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
3T extra virgin olive oil

Directions
1.  Cut the chicken into 1/2 -inch-thick strips. In a bowl, toss the cut chicken in mixture of garlic, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, salt, and red pepper flakes. Once coated add 2T extra virgin olive oil and toss again. Cover bowl and let marinate in fridge for at least 1 hour.  
2. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the remaining 1T of oil into the pan and heat until it starts bubbling. Before adding the chicken, pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Add the chicken and cook roughly 7 minutes on each side. 

Marinating
Fresh on the skillet
Just about done
Served and ready to eat!


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...