Monday, May 6, 2013

Bookshelf Makeover


With so many changes going on in my life I thought why not make some changes to my furniture before I move? As you can see, the previous paint job on my bookshelf was horrible. The paint I used never completely dried and I painted it about 6 years ago. The paint was still sticky after 6 years! Anything I put on it would stick and the dust would not come off either! So it got a makeover! 


Above are the supplies I used. The primer we already had at home and it was left over from when my mom painted the house so I didn't have to spend any money there! The paint I got at Walmart for $14.00. Color is Slate Blue, which happens to be my favorite color!

The first step to this makeover was to sand off as much off the crappy paint that I could. I even recruited my little sister to help. She feels special when she gets to use power tools!



After sanding we moved on to priming it. I had double the help with the priming because both my little brother and sister helped me out with that!


After the primer was good and dry we moved on to painting it the Slate Blue color. It only took two coats and it was looking good. I also had help painting from the little sibs. 


While the paint was drying my dad got out his table saw and cut a new back for me. The back was to be covered with wallpaper and because the old back was not flat due to the paint it would have been impossible to apply evenly. Good thing my dad is an EXPERT at making stuff so he cut out a back for me, and helped my mom apply the wallpaper ($15 at Menards). 


I am more than please with the finished product!! It was a lot of fun and I would do it again any day!!




5 comments:

  1. Lovely bookshelf makeover :) I'm a fellow milso so I've enjoyed stopping your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I love the background pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the cutest book shelf! I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...