Thursday, April 25, 2013

We Got A House!


After we got married and Jake returned to California we were put on a wait list for base housing. There were openings at the time but not for anything that allowed dogs, and I'm bringing two of them. So we were put on the list and told it could be 6 months (or more) before a home opened up in a specific pet friendly neighborhood that Jake wanted to live in. So, he went and got an apartment in the meantime. He's been staying there for about a month, maybe a little more, and just a couple days go we were contacted by the base housing company and they already have a house for us!! Only crappy part is that we can't move in until May 28th. I move out there around May 20th. So we have to load all my stuff into the apartment, only to move it all again 8 days later. So that will be a little stressful but we will make it work. We are both just super excited to have a house. I wouldn't have minded the apartment but I know my dogs won't be good in one long term. It's comforting knowing that they will have a yard to play in now! A fenced one too so they will be safe and I won't have to worry about them running away! It's two bedrooms, I don't know what it looks like, but Jake drove by it the other day and said it looks nice. Plus he has friends who live in the area so he has an idea. I am very excited to make this house into a home! I will not finally be able to make use of my Future Home board on Pinterest!!! Not to mention, I'm so happy to finally be with my husband and start a life with him as husband and wife. 


2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Congrats on getting the house! It makes such a huge difference having a backyard for your pups, Gunner is loving our new yard. Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait! =] Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...