Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Quitting My Addiction


In an effort to adopt a more healthier lifestyle, I have made the decision to cut out Pop; my one and only addiction. This is a big deal for me because I usually drink 3-4 cans a day. My favorites include; Mountain Dew and Vanilla Coke. Two of the worst pops for you! Now, my last pop was consumed yesterday at noon with my lunch, which has been a daily routine for god knows how long. It is now 5PM the following day and I am struggling!!! I am sitting at school working on homework and I usually am drinking a pop right now. It has only been 29 hours since I've had it and my caffeine withdrawals are on high. I'm shaky and I have a MONSTER headache. I don't like any other beverage that contains caffeine so I have nothing to get rid of this feeling. Coffee is gross and energy drinks are even worse. My husband is making it his goal to stop drinking pop as well because he's drinking a ton of Coke! I would say more than me even, and energy drinks, and he's starting to drink coffee. Hopefully together we will be able to pull this off!!!

The Facts
1 can (12 fl oz) Mountain Dew: 170 calories and 46 grams of sugar
1 can (12 fl oz) Vanilla Coke: 150 calories and 42 grams of sugar
Me drinking 3 cans of Mountain Dew a Day: 510 calories and 138 grams of sugar
Me drinking 3 cans of Vanilla Coke a Day:  450 calories and 126 grams of sugar
It's safe to say that pop has been a big factor in my inability to lose weight. I would drink as much in calories that a meal should be!!

Here are my substitutes for pop

Good Old Water!!
Can't go wrong with this! =]
Zero Calories
ICE Carbonated Water.
My favorite flavors include Strawberry Lemonade and Lemonade with Iced Tea. I like that the carbonation gives the effect of pop but really it's zero calories and healthy for you.
Zero Calories
(Source)

Diet Snapple: Arnold Palmer
10 Calories/Bottle

 HerbaLife Lemon Tea with H3O
The tea concentrate has antioxdant and thermogenic benefits of green tea and botanicals. It also provides an energy boost and weight-management support. Delicious, instant and low-calorie. The H3O has no caffeine and it's a healthier alternative to high-calorie/high-sugar beverages. I am in love with Herbalife products!
(Source)

I am hoping I will be able to stick it through this time!!




4 comments:

  1. This is an addiction I truly need to quit too!
    Hopped on over from the Weekend Social Mix blog hop :)
    Futures; a Beauty & lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck quitting soda! I quit a little over a year ago because I was addicted too. Stick to it, after a couple months when you try to sneak a sip it will taste gross! I wayyy prefer eating my calories than drinking them plus you will save a lot of money when you go out and get water instead of soda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank for linking up this weekend! Commenting/following from http://fluffimama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, i following the "weekend social mix" blog hop. i would love for you to visit my blog and follow if you like it.

    http://blackinkpaperie.blogspot.com

    thanks
    new follower bev

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...