Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Pancakes


One of my favorite recipes to make is Pumpkin Spice Pancakes.  I have never been one of those people to only eat certain foods in the season it corresponds with. This is traditionally a fall recipe but I will make it all year round (I also enjoy ice cream when it's 10 below outside). I also like making the typical "breakfast foods" for dinner. So, my Pumpkin Spice Pancakes are tonight's meal! The original recipe for these are found HERE. I however, tweaked it to fit my likes and that of my family's. I also made it a lot easier and quicker to make which is always important when feeding 8 people in your household. 


Ingredients
Serving Size: Approximately 10 pancakes
2 cups Bisquick
Milk (1 cup)
Eggs (2)
Brown Sugar (2 Tbls)
Canned Pumpkin (15 oz can. You don't have to use the whole can, it's up to your pumpkin  loving preference)
Ground Cloves (1/4 tsp)
Ground Nutmeg (1/4 tsp)
Ground Ginger (DASH)
Ground Cinnamon (1 Tbls)

Directions
First, combine all dry ingredients in a medium bowl (Bisquick, brown sugar, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon). 
Next, mix together the milk, pumpkin, and eggs in a liquid measuring cup (or small bowl, whatever suits your fancy).  Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk together just until combined.  (The batter may still have a few lumps – that is okay.) 
 Heat a greased skillet or griddle over medium heat.  Once the skillet is hot, add a 1/3 cup scoop of batter to the pan.  Cook until bubbles begin to form on the top surface.  Carefully flip with a spatula and cook the second side until golden brown, a couple minutes more.
 Repeat with the rest of the batter until it has all been cooked, regreasing the pan as needed.  Serve with cinnamon sugar, maple syrup, and/or whipped cream.

Pretty self explanatory to anyone who's made pancakes before.  Super quick and super easy! I serve mine with bacon and sausage. They are divine! Happy eating! =]



4 comments:

  1. These look so tasty! I need to pin them when I'm actually on my computer. I am glad I found your new blog and refollowed. I moved my blog about a week and a half ago and I'm still begging people to make the move with me!

    Natashalh

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey just wanted to thank you for coming around my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added you through GFC on my daily blog hop through blog hops. These pancakes look like something my kids would enjoy. Good luck with your blog and stop by when you get a chance

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm! This looks so yummy, I am definitely making it on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...