Monday, April 29, 2013

Emergency Zombie Survival Car Kit


For my birthday a few days ago my in-laws gave me an awesome Emergency Kit for my car. Not a kit for just any emergency, a kit for when the Zombie Apocalypse comes. I am a huge zombie fanatic, nerd, freak, however you want to classify my obsession. So this gift was awesome and I absolutely love it. Not to mention it may come in handy while my husband and I are driving across country next month. Better safe than sorry!!

The Contents

1. Mini First Aid Kit: for minor cuts or scratches sustained while fighting off the zombies or from running away from them in the woods. 
2. Emergency Blanket: for those cold nights when you may not have shelter.
3. Altoids Container: to store spare cash...before the apocalypse gets too bad and money no longer matters. Could also be burned to start a fire.
4. Pain Reliever: self explanatory.  Lack of sleep, cuts, bruises, muscle soreness from constantly being on the run. This would come in handy. 
5. Duct Tape: fixes everything.
6. Sanitary Wipes: get rid of those germs to prevent sickness.
7. Skittles: sugar to keep your energy up.
8. Gloves: keep those germs away! In case you have to move a dead body or something.
9. Mask: in case anything goes airborne or to prevent a zombie from spitting it's blood in your mouth. 
10. ChemLight: you will always need some light at night. This wouldn't attract too much attention either. You can also throw one down a well or hole and see how deep something is! 
11. Chapstick: no one likes cracked lips!
12. Compass/Whistle/Thermometer: 3 in one! To help you navigate to your destination, to call for help, to distract, and to keep track of the weather. 
13. Drinking Water: always going to need clean water.
14. Paracord Bracelet: in case you need to make some kind of weapon.
15. Pocket Knife: to cut sticks into arrows, open food, etc. 
16. Flashlight/Glow Stick Combo: find you way in the dark!
17. Filtered Water Bottle: collect and clean up that rainwater!
18. Granola Bars: protein!
19. Towel: staying dry, cleaning up a mess, pulling a hot pan or can off of a fire. 

What would you put in your Mini Zombie Survival Kit?


41 comments:

  1. Hi Miranda I stumbled across your blog and loved what I found :D I have nominated you for the Liebster Award come check it out!
    http://improvingmewithkeialee.blogspot.com
    thanks
    Keia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, love this! Makes me miss The Walking Dead that much more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great kit, could really come in handy for those zombie attacks. I don't know how you kill a zombie - but I'd put something in there for that - lol

    Thanks for stopping by my blog on my SITS Day - I really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! Hope you don't need to use it! Visiting from the blog hop and glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I won't need it too, but it's good just in case! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. People don't realize how practical this is... I have an emergency kit, too. Bring on the zombies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will regret not being prepared like us! haha. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. That is so funny! There's a zombie run taking place in New Orleans soon and I can see how some of these items would be beneficial. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, I've always wanted to do that run but the tickets are a little too expensive for me! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. That is hilarious!! How much fun, and I love the Altoid tin to store cash, or burn it! Lol. Thanks for sharing this at the DIY Sunday Showcase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it is pretty genius! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. This is so cute and funny!!!! I would love for you to come link up to my first "Clever, Crafty & Creative Linky Party #1"

    you can find it at:

    http://dorothysueandmillieb.blogspot.com/2013/07/clever-crafty-crative-linky-party-1.html

    Thanks!
    Suzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely check that out! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. I could totally use a zombie survival kit in my car! Maybe I'd throw in a little radio or something, to keep up with the news. Happy SITS day :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! Didn't think of that one! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. This is beyond awesome! First, you must have the coolest in-laws ever simply to think of giving that to you... Second, have i by chance I found a fellow zombie/walker fan? LOL I've only recently joined the fold but my son is slowely bringing me in and this kit looks absolutely stocked. Loved the post...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love zombies. I love all zombie related things. Including The Walking Dead. Which you must see if you haven't already! However, I'm assuming you have since you called them "walkers." Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. What a fun gift. I agree -- you have some pretty cool in-laws. I hope you never have to use it, but at least you're prepared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best to be prepared for sure! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. I need to put together an emergency kit! Better safe than sorry! I love that its a zombie survival kit - haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I though it was a nice spin on a regular old emergency kit! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  13. the is great! way to stay safe during an outbreak of zombies !! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know! It could happen! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  14. How fun! I have a friend this is just perfect for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Future gift idea? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  15. What a cool gift idea! My survival kit would have to include plenty chocolate and Daryl Dixon...although I can't see him fitting in the box ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh heck yeah! If I could fold Daryl up I would put him in that box and bring him out whenever needed...which would be both during and not during a zombie apocalypse... =]Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  16. This made me crack up! I'm totally doing this for my DH for his birthday! In our Zombie Survival Kit I think I'd include the full first season of Walking Dead on DVD, a portable DVD player and lots of batteries! Hey, you could pick up some tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea!!! A zombie lovers dream! It would be such a great gift for others! Go for it!! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  17. HAHAHA! This cracked me up! What a great gift! :)

    My survival kit would have to include Dove chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chocolate is a great idea. For when you get a craving or need some sugar! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  18. I'm a total Walking Dead fan(atic) and I love your zombie apocalypse survival kit!! I would need to add a toothbrush and toothpaste, and maybe a pack or two of gum!

    Happy SITS Day, Miranda - following you on Bloglovin, FB, & Instagram!

    Kim @ {enjoy the view}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toothbrush and toothpaste would be handy. You will probably be eating some nasty stuff if the zombies come. I'm a Walking Dead fanatic too! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  19. Haha! This is something I never thought of before! Looks like a yummy idea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahaha, I love this! I haven't thought about a survival kit, but now that I see one, I think I'm due for one! What would I put in it? Hmm, I think everything important is in there--oooh, except nail polish, gotta look cute while running from the zombies :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! It would help keep your sanity to and make you feel a little more normal!

      Delete
  21. I'll have to get myself one of these. My husband just noted yesterday that a good number of zombie movies/games take place very near my hometown. Also, my mom has always told me not to leave home without a jar of peanut butter, in case you get caught in a blizzard. I would assume that would apply to a zombie apocalypse too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be a good thing to have for sure! You can never be too prepared!

      Delete
  22. So hilarious! What an awesome gift.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I saw this guest post on 'Glued to my Crafts' and loved this idea!! How can I get one of those stickers to put on my box!?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...