Monday, April 1, 2013

April Fools Pranks??

I have never been one to do any pranks on April 1st, but today I thought I would play with the Husband a little bit. So I sent him messages like, "I can't keep living like this anymore," "I don't want to leave my home to move with you," and "I'm not happy with you." I know to some this may seem very mean but in our relationship I can get away joking about this stuff. So I said all these and he tried to calm me down and assure me everything would be ok. After only a few minutes I tell him "I was going to try and drag this out longer but I feel really mean so I need to tell you that APRIL FOOLS!" and his reply was "Baby, I'm going to slap the shit outta you :/" No my Husband is NOT abusive. It was just an expression. Because he isn't around that was the best prank I could think of. If we were living together, I would have put butter all over the floor outside the shower instead so when he got out he would slip and fall, but I'll save that one for next year!! WAHAHAHA. 



Next, I was going to post an ultrasound picture on Facebook,  tag my husband, and announce we are pregnant! Just to scare his family. But I soon changed my mind on the idea when my friend told me that she miscarried her baby at 8 weeks this morning. NOT an April Fools day joke. I thought that posting a fake announcement like that would upset her and I can't do that. I've never been through anything like that but I've seen my mom go through a miscarriage and I don't wish that emotional pain on anyone.  The thought of miscarrying my own child one day is something I do not like thinking about. Both my husband and I want to be parents and I know that a miscarriage would be just as hard on him as it would be on me. My heart aches for my friend. She just announced the pregnancy to everyone yesterday as a little Easter Surprise and now she has to tell her parents and her husband's parents that they are no longer going to be Grandparents?? She seemed so happy about this baby and she deserves to be happy after the life that she grew up with. I was so excited for her too because I love babies. It's hard for me because I don't know what to say to her. I don't know what she is going through and I know nothing I say will take away the pain she feels. I simply told her to stay strong, assured her that God had this in his plans for some reason, and that when the time is right she will be blessed with a child. 

Have any of you done any good Aprils Fools Day Pranks!?


7 comments:

  1. When I was in high school I used to work at a chocolate shop and I would make chocolate dipped cotton balls and other stuff then give them to people for Easter. So much fun, I'm not sure why I stopped pulling pranks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great prank idea! I have to keep that in mind! Thank you for sharing.

      Delete
  2. I also thought about the pregnancy one as I already have two kids and a third would certainly be a shocker, but I didn't because of stories similar to your friend's story. Miscarriages are so common and I didn't want to offend anyone. I haven't pulled any good pranks but my sister booby trapped her dorm freshman year of college. She stole a whole cherry pie from the dining hall and somehow rigged it to fall on someone's head when they walked into the bathroom. I would NEVER do that but she still laughs when she talks about it. Ten years later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a pretty creative prank, and that would be a hard one to pull off! Not sure if I could do that one either. Thank you for sharing!

      Delete
  3. Newest follower here! I found you through the blog hop. You have a super cute blog, I can't wait to read more. You can find me at meandmr.com

    -Melanie @meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I am a new follower on your blog as well!

      Delete
  4. I did the EXACT SAME prank to my husband lmfao. Except I called him and told him I couldn't do this anymore and I heard him breathe in deeply and then he said "babe" and I yelled April Fools! He was startled for sure haha

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...