Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day has never been something I really cared about or made a big deal out of. I don't feel like there is a certain day of the year that people need to celebrate love and shower one another in gifts. We need to celebrate love each and every day. It's the little acts of kindness we do for the ones we love each day that really matters. I believe there is some religious affiliation with this day but because I am not religious, that does not matter to me or make this day any more important than any other. 
For those who know me, they will all agree that I don't have a single romantic bone in my body. I'm not all lovey dovey, I'm not a "OMG AWW I LOVES YOU POOKIE BEAR" kind of person. In fact, I am constantly teasing Jake for being the romantic one because I am just not comfortable doing romantic things. This might also be a reason why I dislike Valentine's Day. I also believe that this holiday is just a way for corporations and businesses to make money and jack up prices on things to take advantage of people. I'm not ok with that. 
My Fiance' is not around this Valentine's Day and I asked him not to get me anything or do anything. In fact, because he comes home soon, I told him his presence again is a good enough gift to celebrate this day of "love" (even though this gift will be a couple weeks late). But do you think he listened to me? No of course not. He's too sweet for that. Stinker. So yesterday I came home to a beautiful bouquet of flowers. They could not have come at a better time, because yesterday was NOT a good day for me. My car broke down, I was running on no sleep, and over all just feeling really down and crappy. Coming home to a gift from my love was amazing. Even from the other side of the world he can make me happy and bring a smile to my face. The note attached made me laugh. He is so silly and he tried his best to not make it Valentine related but I know deep inside that's what these were for! Also, I am CONSTANTLY teasing him for his horrible grammar, spelling, and overall bad sentence structure so the fact that he made a typo on the card was priceless and literally made my day because it is so HIM. 


Then today, I received yet another gift in the mail from him. I wasn't expecting anything let alone two!! He got me some DELICIOUS chocolate covered strawberries from Shari's Berries. It was absolutely perfect. Last week sometime I was e-mailing him about how much I was craving chocolate covered strawberries and about how, because it isn't strawberry season, the selection at the stores here sucked and I couldn't make my own. So he remembered that and sent me some and let me tell you, I thoroughly enjoyed them. The best chocolate covered strawberries I have ever had. Take note of his ever to romantic card...hehe.


Thank you for the gifts babe. I appreciate everything you do for me and I am grateful to have such an amazing man in my life. I'm beyond lucky and spoiled. =]




1 comment:

  1. Oh my what a sweetheart you have! Love the Valentine's gifts. I just found your blog on Trials and Triumps...
    I'm your newest follower here and on Twitter. I blog at Adventures of a Semper Fi Family if you'd like to stop by!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...