Sunday, December 16, 2012

Theta Phi Alpha

There has been exciting progress with getting a new National Sorority to come to campus! We had a presentation at school on December 5th and we got to meet Laura Foley and Michelle LaPlatney from Theta Phi Alpha! It was so interesting to hear what they are all about and so many people from the Greek community were there to support us! We even had a penguin show up =] (the penguin is the sonority's mascot). They had nothing but good things to say about us students and the campus itself and they are just as excited as we are to get things started. It will take about a year to get everything into place, so I will not longer be at SCSU when that happens. However, I look forward to helping in any way I can and staying involved for the years to come. To watch the sorority prosper and grow. I know there were a lot of people who doubted us and didn't believe this would ever happen. But guess what?? IT'S HAPPENING! We are making history and we are doing a great thing for the future of SCSU. Being in a sorority has opened so many amazing doors for me and I have met so many great people. It has changed my life and made me into someone I never thought I could be. It has given me self confidence, leadership skills, and most importantly it has given me the ability to trust people again. I love each and every one of my sisters and I owe a lot of my accomplishments to them. No matter what they are always here for me and that is an amazing feeling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...