Thursday, November 22, 2012

Turkey Day!

Happy Thanksgiving! 
I do have a lot to be thankful for, but for the most part I am very thankful for a wonderful family and for an amazing Fiance'. A Fiance' I really really miss. A Fiance' I wish was with me today getting fat with a food babies. A Fiance' I wish could sit down with my family and get to know them.  I spent the whole day talking to everyone about my fast approaching move to California and my school plans. They all seemed pretty interested in what I want to do with my life and where my life is heading. My sister-in-law is eager to meet Jake when he gets home, so hopefully we will be able to plan some sort of get together so he can get to know some people in my family. My older brother and sister-in-law graduated with my Fiance' so what they remember of him is a lot different from what he is like today. Apparently Jake was a super weirdo in high school. Who would have guessed!? I already knew that though because I was friends with him at the time too. It was so weird having a Thanksgiving with out my Grandpa around cracking jokes and falling asleep randomly in the living room. I miss him and I can tell my Grandma really does too. It breaks my heart seeing her all alone. My Grandpa passed away this March and Holidays just aren't the same without him around. 
Overall, it was a pretty good day. Talking with the Fam was great, and eating all our food was awesome. I ate way too much though, but hey it's a Holiday. That's how I'm going to justify myself. We also got a good snow going today. We haven't had a good snow yet this year so it's newsworthy in Minnesota. As for Black Friday shopping I am skipping it this year. I don't really need anything that is on sale and I am really trying to save some money.  Therefore, I'm going to bed early and getting up for work tomorrow like a normal person (although I really don't want to work tomorrow =[ ). 
Some more Snapshots from the day. My dog was being a baby Kangaroo!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...