Saturday, November 10, 2012

Happy Birthday Marine Corps and DAY 100!!


Today is the 237th Birthday of the Marine Corps, the branch that my future hubby is a part of! I would like to give a shout out to every past, present, and future Marine. I would also like to thank the military branch for giving my fiance' so many amazing opportunities and for making his life complete. Today also marks Jake's 100th day of deployment! Time is flying by! I'm so excited. Each day that passes means one day closer to him coming home to me. Then we can get hitched and start a life together. I've never wanted anything so much in my life. I've never been more willing for change in my life either. It really is perfect timing for everything. I will be graduating college in May and hopefully soon after Jake will be able to take a few days off and fly back up to MN then we will hop in my car and road trip it back to Cali. Our new home (for the time being at least). I will be corny and cliche' and say with with utmost honesty- home is wherever we are together. There are so many things I am looking forward to about moving. First, I will be in a state with NO SNOW! I'm not a fan of the snow. Mostly just the driving in. Next, I will be able to make new friends! Also, I will be able to go to the ocean and experience a whole different culture. Minnesota is a 180 degree flip from Cali! I will be able to go to the Marine Corps ball next year as well. I also had a dream the other night about me, my man, and my dog all running around and playing at the beach. That will be awesome!

On a side note, I had to take one of my clients to the library today and there was a wedding going on right in the middle of the library! I took a crappy picture but that's because I was trying to do it without anyone noticing! I thought it was cute, random, but cute. I think a public library is a little too public for my tastes. But hey if they love books and it's meaningful to them, more power to them!

When I got home from work and the gym tonight my sister just needed to show me that she got a pack of temporary tattoos. I remember when I was her age and temporary tattoos were the coolest things! I'm glad I'm now able to get permanent ones! I remember my senior year of high school we had to do a sociological experiment and my group chose to give ourselves temporary tattoo sleeves, and we put them all over our faces. The assignment was to do something out there and against "the norm" and document people's reactions to it. We got A LOT of weird looks and one guy at Perkins asked us if we just got back from a kids carnival of some sort. But other than that we didn't get very many comments for strangers. Anyway, back to my point. My sister insisted she give me a tattoo from her set and that's just what she did! She is so adorable! =]


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...