Jake finally received his care package so I can post the awesome pictures (I forgot to take pictures of it before I sent it so he did it for me!) You will have to enlarge it to get the full effect. hehe. So this was the first one I sent him so it didn't really have a "theme" per say Let's just say it was a "I love you and miss you like craaaazy" theme.
So I started out decorating the inside. I coated the bottom of the box with blue duct tape because it looked cool. Then I lined the rest of it with various pieces of scrapbook paper in different shades of blue. Let's start with the inner sides and leave the flaps for later.
Side #1: This side consisted of various someecards because we find them hilarious and yes, we do have perverted minds. Life's more fun that way.
Side #2: I had to add some "overly attached girlfriend" memes in there because yes, they are funny and yes, one of them is inappropriate deal with it. I also stuck a picture of us on there and a little quote about waiting for him while he's away (see I can be sappy sometimes).
Side #3: Some more sappy quotes about missing him and another picture of us.
Side #4: Darth Vader exclaiming "Jake, I am your father." Classic (slightly edited) Star Wars quote. He's a Star Wars nerd, and I have to admit I have never seen a single Star Wars movie in my life but he says he will soon change that! I also had the Tardis from Doctor Who on there because he and I are both fans of that show as well. (I just started watching it this season and I love it! Oh and the "Don't Blink Creepy Angels are going to kill you" episode was awesome too!)
Now onto the flaps...
Flap #1: Summer/beach theme since it's a depressing desert where he is now. He likes the beach and scuba diving and the likes so I thought it made sense.
Flap #2: Various Marine Corp stickers. I mean he is a MARINE after all. Kind of fit the circumstances!
Flap #3: My very own handcrafted Star Wars ship origami (even flying through the starry sky).
Flap #4: A simple I LOVE YOU!!! because it's true and 100% necessary.
ONTO THE CONTENTS!
- A picture frame I crafted with a picture of us. So he won't forget my beautiful face (haha yeah right)
- Applesauce because it is yummy and healthy.
- Kleenex for when his allergies act up.
- Pistachios for protein and because they are just wonderful and delicious.
- Five Hour Energy Shots because he works long hours and is always talking about how sleepy he is.
- Pringles for when he is craving something salty.
- Batman Pez Dispenser because sugary pills are yummy and Batman is the shit!
- Monster Fighters Lego kit so he can keep himself busy, constructively.
- My little sister also wrote him and note and drew him a picture and my 18-year-old brother felt the need to add the note "Don't drop the soap" to be a smart ass.
- There were two other things that were somewhat personal that probably shouldn't be discussed. Use your imagination.