Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Getting Crafty!


My favorite craft store, Crafts Direct, is having a HUGE sale. Most of the products I like working with were 50% off. I got 8x8 shadow boxes, 12x12 picture frames, glass squares and holders for them, wood picture frames to paint and decorate, wood coasters and box to decorate, and scrap book paper to decorate Jake's care packages. Today I finished two projects. A frame for my love and I, and a frame for my doggies! I'm looking forward to doing more. They are a lot of fun and it's a great way to bring back my creativity. I used to be very artsy, doing crafts and painting all the time but life happened and it was put on the back-burner. Not to mention these are all inexpensive crafts that would make great Christmas gifts if you are on a budget or are gifting someone who is hard to shop for. Especially the glass block craft. It is so much fun and you can customize it to the likes of those you are gifting them too. I'm going to make one with a beach theme. To symbolize my engagement and time spent visiting San Diego. The background will be a photo of the sunset I took at the ocean, and sand will be added with some shells that I got from the beach there. I haven't decided what else to add but it's going to be saweeeet! I'll post pictures as soon as I get that done.

I am also looking forward to decorating the box for my man's care package. I ordered boxes from USPS and I'm just waiting for those to arrive. Then I am going to decorate and pack it up. I am sending him a lot of great stuff. I don't want to list anything yet because I know he sometimes reads this and I don't want to ruin the surprise but I hope he enjoys it as much as I enjoyed making it.

I finished my glass block! It's silly and you can tell it's my first time doing this sort of project! It's meaningful to me and I am happy with it. I have stick figures of Jake and I made out of toothpicks, paper, and pictures of our heads! I gave Jake a shiny gold six pack and I know my boobs don't quite match the size of my body and they are kind of in the wrong place (looks like a bow tie?) but whatever who cares! I also added sand. I didn't get any sand from the beach while visiting San Diego to put in here (wish I had!) so I bought some craft sand at the store. I then added shells, these I did get from the actually beach while I was down there. I also added a cheap ring to symbolize my engagement and a small blue dog that Jake gave me because he gave it to me while I was visiting, I love dogs, and our life together will just be us and the dogs for awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...